Access for All collects information on our website, both anonymous and personal.
Anonymous information cannot be linked to a specific person. We use this information to help us create a better experience for website users.
The following information is collected each time someone visits our site:
- Internet domain name from which you access or site (examples: aol.com or foxinternet.net). Note, this is not your Internet address.
- Internet protocol address from which you connected to our site. The IP address is a number assigned to your computer or provided by your Internet service provider whenever you browse the Internet. We use this address to send data you request back to you.
- Type of browser you use to visit our site.
- Type of operating system you use.
- Date and time you visit our site.
- Specific pages you visit at our site.
- If you linked to our site from another website, the address of that site.
"Cookies" are an example of how we collect anonymous information. Website cookies are small text files that are placed on a user's computer by a web server. The Access for All server then reads the text associated with a browser and formats information to the needs of a user's specific browser. Our web server is not able to determine any data about the user nor does it do anything with these cookies.
Personal information collected on Access for All web pages is data that you provide to us about yourself. Providing information to us on our website is purely voluntary. This information is used to better serve you. Should you choose not to provide information to Access for All on the Internet, you may provide this information to us in another way, such as visiting our office during normal business hours or sharing the information by mail or telephone.
The Access for All website has links to other websites, including other government agencies, non-profit organizations and private businesses. When you link to one of these external websites, you are no longer on the Access for All website and Access for All has no control over the content of external websites.
Access for All and our website partners use security precautions to prevent personal information from being stolen or tampered with.
Unless a user consents to such distribution, Access for All will not sell, lease or give away personally identifiable information (such as e-mail addresses) to other government, organizations, or private businesses unless required to do so by law, as described generally below.
Access for All is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure your personal information contained in its records. This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under Chapter 42.56 RCW, Washington Public Records Act, consistent with KCC 2.14.030 and any other applicable federal, state, and local statute or regulation.
Access for All also retains the right to release private information in rare cases it believes to be emergencies, including as provided in the federal Homeland Security Act.